Don’t you think Santa gets bored with milk and cookies?
Doesn’t the man have the right to get his party on?
Here, we’re ready to hook him up with some homemade Cranberry and Orange Vodka.
Just heat some fresh cranberries, sugar and water in a saucepan, pour everything into a big glass jar (or four small jelly jars), and stir in the orange peel and vodka. Then let the mixture sit out at room temperature for at least three days and GET FESTIVE!
Cranberry and Orange Vodka
Adapted from “Martha Stewart Living”(December 2008)
Makes 4 cups.
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 piece fresh orange peel (2-by-1-inch)
- 3 cups vodka
- In a small saucepan, heat cranberries, sugar, and water until the sugar dissolves, the liquid begins to turn a light-pink color, and the cranberries just begin to pop.
- Pour the cranberries and the liquid into a large glass jar.
- Stir in the orange peel and vodka.
- Cover, and let the mixture stand at room temperature for at least 3 days or up to one month.
- Strain before serving.
You’ll find a link to Martha’s Cranberry Cosmopolitan recipe tags here.
Makes 1 cocktail
- 1 1/2 ounces Cranberry and Orange Vodka (recipe above)
- 1 1/2 ounces cranberry juice
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 ounce orange-flavored liqueur, such as Cointreau or Grand Marnier
- Ice cubes
- Garnish: orange peel and cranberries
- Using a cocktail shaker, combine vodka, cranberry juice, lime juice, orange liqueur, and ice. Shake until well combined.
- Strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Twist orange peel over cocktail, and add to glass. Garnish with skewered cranberries. Serve immediately.