This post has been updated! You’ll find it here.
Recipe by Jeff and Rebecca Crump (Ezra Pound Cake)
Makes 4 servings
- 1 TABLESPOON CANOLA OIL
- 1 LB. BONELESS SKINLESS CHICKEN BREASTS, CUBED
- 1 CUP CHICKEN BROTH
- 1 1/2 TABLESPOONS CORNSTARCH
- 1 CAN (15 TO 16 OZ.) GREAT NORTHERN BEANS, DRAINED
- 1 CAN (14.5 OZ.) FIRE-ROASTED TOMATOES, DRAINED
- 1 CUP FROZEN CORN KERNELS
- SPLASH OF SOY SAUCE (OPTIONAL)
- FRANK’S HOT SAUCE, TO TASTE
- 1 1/2 TABLESPOONS ONION POWDER
- 1/4 TO 1/2 TEASPOON CAYENNE
- 1/2 TEASPOON CHILI POWDER
- 1/2 TEASPOON GARLIC POWDER
- 1/4 TEASPOON CUMIN
- 1/4 TEASPOON OREGANO
- GARNISHES: TORTILLA CHIPS, SHREDDED CHEESE, GREEN ONIONS, SOUR CREAM, CILANTRO
- Measure the ingredients for the seasoning mix into a small bowl. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, cook the chicken in oil over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes, until no longer pink.
- Whisk together the broth and the cornstarch in a bowl or glass measuring cup. Pour over the chicken, and stir until the cornstarch is completely dissolved.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, corn, and seasoning mix.
- Bring the soup to a boil, and cover. Reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 10 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add soy sauce and hot sauce, if using. Taste, and adjust flavors as necessary.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips, cheese and any other garnishes you like.