Welcome to our Online Advent Calendar series, where we’re doing 25 days of Christmas challenges to get everyone into the spirit! (Today’s video is from Preston Leatherman’s series “Dancing with an iPod in Public.”)
Make Rudolph your spirit animal!
We all know the story of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. Everyone made fun of him until that fateful foggy Christmas Eve, when Santa needed Rudolph’s bright nose to guide the sleigh.
The world needs more people who, like Rudolph, are willing to shine.
So, in honor of the little kicked-around reindeer who didn’t let those mouth-breathing dummies get him down, let’s rock something red – a red scarf, red hat, red lipstick, red socks, red nails, red shirt (unless you’re a character in a sci-fi show) – or let our freak flags fly with all manner of Christmas crazy (e.g., an elf hat, a mighty reindeer-antler headband, a jingle bell bracelet or anything with glitter on it).
Yes, it takes a certain je ne sais quoi to pull a few of these things off, but if something makes you smile, it’s going to make other people smile, too, and that’s how the Christmas spirit spreads – from person to person, just like herpes. Keep shining!
Today’s Special Link: “A Gallery of Christmas Sweaters” (Socialite Life)
Selected Christmas TV:
- “A Town Without Christmas” (6pm/5c, Hallmark)
- “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and the Island of Misfit Toys” (6:30pm/5:30c, ABC Family)
- “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation” (8pm/7c, ABC Family)
- “Silver Bells” (8pm/7c, Hallmark)
- “Blake Shelton’s Not So Family Christmas” (10pm/9c, NBC)
- “Mistletoe Over Manhattan” (10pm/9c, Hallmark)
P.S. To see the full Advent calendar page-o-rama, go to ezrapoundcake.com/advent.