Welcome to our Online Advent Calendar series, where we’re doing 25 days of Christmas challenges to get everyone into the spirit! (Today’s video clip is from “The Bishop’s Wife.”)
Do one Random Act of Kindness.
The second Sunday in Advent is traditionally dedicated to Love, so it’s the perfect time to practice some goodwill toward men, women, animals and kids.
Kindness, whether you’re on the giving or receiving end, is what makes it really feel like Christmas.
The three seconds you take to say, “Hey, why don’t you go first?” could turn someone’s day around.
Here are some Random Acts of Kindness you could do today:
- Be someone’s cheerleader.
- Try to go for an entire day without complaining.
- Slow down to let another driver into traffic.
- Give someone your undivided attention.
- Help soldiers who are struggling financially by donating to Operation Homefront.
- Make a toilet paper roll bird feeder.
- Hold the door open for the person behind you.
- Take some cans to a food drive. There’s probably one going on at your grocery right now.
- Let someone else have the good parking spot.
- Donate winter clothes you’re not planning on wearing.
- Ask an elderly neighbor if he needs anything the next time you run errands.
- Make time to play with a pet.
- Pay the tab for the person behind you at the drive-thru.
- Spend time with someone who needs a boost.
- Offer to babysit so a parent can get some last-minute shopping done (or offer Santa a place to stash some toys).
- When a cashier asks if you’d “like to give a dollar” to charity, say yes.
- Take a minute to talk to someone you usually avoid. (We’re all guilty of this. No judgment here.)
- Make the coffee when the pot’s empty at work.
- Fill up your lovah’s car with gas (or take it for that overdue oil change.)
- Smile and say “thanks.” A lot.
Today’s Link: 273 Random Acts of Kindness Ideas
Selected Christmas TV:
- “Holiday in Handcuffs” (6pm/5c, ABC Family)
- “Spongebob Squarepants: It’s a Spongebob Christmas!” (7:30pm/6:30c, Nickelodeon)
- “Disney Prep & Landing” (8pm/7c, ABC)
- “Help for the Holidays” (8pm/7c, Hallmark)
- “Miracle on 34th Street” (8pm/7c, AMC)
- “The Mistle-Tones” (8pm/7c, ABC Family)
- “We’re No Angels” (8pm/7c, TCM)
- “Disney Prep & Landing 2: Naughty vs. Nice” (8:30pm/7:30c, ABC)
- “All About Christmas Eve” (9pm/8c, Lifetime)
- “Hallmark Hall of Fame: Christmas with Holly” (9pm/8c, ABC)
- “Matchmaker Santa” (10pm/9c, Hallmark)
- “Miracle on 34th Street” (10:15pm/9:15c, AMC)