Welcome to our Online Advent Calendar series, where we’re doing 25 days of Christmas challenges to get everyone into the spirit! (And, just in case you haven’t seen it, the video above is Will Ferrell and Zooey Deschanel in a scene from “Elf.”)
“The best way to spread Christmas Cheer is singing loud for all to hear.” – Buddy the Elf
Yesterday, when Jeff and I were at Target picking up lights for the Christmas tree, there was a little girl two rows over singing “We Wish You a Merry Christmas.”
Quietly at first and then … WITH FEELING.
I have nothing but respect for that.
So, today, don’t just listen to your favorite holiday music. Sing it! Sing in the kitchen. Sing in the car. Teach your kids “Jingle Bells,” and do some phone caroling.
Just don’t sing in the shower with someone else unless they’re expecting you, OK?
Selected Christmas TV:
- “The Hollywood Christmas Parade” (6pm/5c, Hallmark)
- “Frosty’s Winter Wonderland” (7pm/6c, ABC Family)
- “Mickey’s Christmas Carol” (7:30pm/6:30c, ABC Family)
- “Miracle on 34th Street” (8pm/7c, AMC)
- “Moonlight and Mistletoe” (8pm/7c, Hallmark)
- “The Year Without a Santa Claus” (8pm/7c, ABC Family)
- “Home Alone” (9pm/8c)
- “Michael Bublé: Home for the Holidays” (10pm/9c, NBC)
- “Twice Upon a Christmas” (10pm/9c, Hallmark)
- “Miracle on 34th Street” (10:15pm/9:15c, AMC)