Welcome to our Online Advent Calendar series, where we’re doing 25 days of Christmas challenges to get everyone into the spirit! (Today’s video is from “Designing Women.” I don’t know much about sugarplums, but I could spot a Sugarbaker at 50 paces.)
Phone your favorite fruitcake!
Call someone who’s guaranteed to make you laugh. A woman who’s OK with letting her freak flag fly. A guy who always has a good story or two. Your best friend. Your crazy sister. A former co-worker. And just check in with him or her before the holidays kick in. This isn’t supposed to be stressful, so don’t promise to send a Christmas card or make plans before Jan. 1. Just see how they’re doing, trade some epic and/or embarrassing stories, and hang up smiling.
Selected Christmas TV:
- “The Wishing Tree” (6pm/5c, Hallmark)
- “The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause” (7pm/6c, ABC Family)
- “The Christmas Heart” (8pm/7c, Hallmark)
- “Miracle on 34th Street” (8pm/7c, AMC)
- “The Christmas Card” (10pm/9c, Hallmark)
- “Miracle on 34th Street” (10:15pm/9:15c, AMC)