Welcome to our Online Advent Calendar series, where we’re doing 25 days of Christmas challenges to get everyone into the spirit! (Today’s video is Josh Groban singing “O Holy Night.”)
Plan an (almost) silent night at home.
The third Sunday of Advent is traditionally dedicated to Joy, but that doesn’t feel right yet. Not with so many of us heartbroken over the tragedy in Connecticut.
So, let’s pick a night this week to turn off the TV and enjoy the quiet. Hang out by the Christmas tree, talk, listen to music, have dinner by candlelight, read, pray, tackle a project you’ve been putting off, paint yourself some snowflake nails, bake Christmas cookies, draw, play a game, play a musical instrument, make out, sing, cut out paper snowflakes, decorate a gingerbread house – or just pour a glass of wine, stare at the twinkly lights and breathe.
Today’s Link: 26 Moments That Restored Our Faith In Humanity This Year
Selected Christmas TV:
- The Polar Express (6:30pm/5:30c, ABC Family)
- A Charlie Brown Christmas (8pm/7c, ABC)
- Elf: Buddy’s Musical Christmas (8pm/7c, NBC)
- Miracle on 34th Street (8pm/7c, AMC)
- America’s Funniest Home Videos Christmas Spectacular (9pm/8c, ABC)