Welcome to our Online Advent Calendar series, where we’re doing 25 days of Christmas challenges to get everyone into the spirit! (Today’s video clip is of Amy Poehler, Kristen Wiig and Maya Rudolph singing “Santa’s My Boyfriend” on SNL. It’s not for the easily offended, so you have been warned!)
Go straight to the top of the Naughty List.
Sure, Christmas is a time of kindness and wonder and peace. But, you can’t be nice ALL the time.
That’d be so boring.
So, break out the party cleavage. Laugh yourself sick over this epically horrible version of “O Holy Night.” Show up at a friend’s house with a box of wine and two straws. Skip that thing you don’t really want to do. (Seriously, SKIP IT.) Eat the last cookie. Buy yourself a Christmas gift. Say you’re going to the grocery, and then stop by Starbucks first for 20 minutes of quiet. If you see an Elf on the Shelf, kidnap it to free the world’s children. (Send ransom notes.) If someone asks you where their Christmas card is, do this. Give inappropriate (but hilarious) gifts. Spike anything in a punch bowl or cup. Honor the mistletoe in a major way. Skip the jammies, and pick up a red push-up bra or fishnets for Christmas Eve. (Hey, you’re gonna be up late anyway … Think of it as a tribute to the Leg Lamp.)
And remember this George Carlin quote: “The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”
Stay naughty, my friends.
Today’s Link: Play “Bubble Hit: Christmas.”
Selected Christmas TV:
- “Lucky Christmas” (6pm/5c, Hallmark)
- “Disney’s A Christmas Carol” (7pm/6c, ABC Family)
- “A Charlie Brown Christmas” (8pm/7c, ABC)
- “Christmas with Holly” (8pm/7c, Hallmark)
- “Holiday Affair” (8pm/7c, TCM)
- “Miracle on 34th Street” (8pm/7c, AMC)
- “Disney Prep & Landing: Operation Secret Santa” (8:30pm/7:30c, ABC)
- “CMA Country Christmas” (9pm/8c, ABC)
- “The Lemon Drop Kid” (9:30pm/8:30c, TCM)
- “The Christmas Heart” (10pm/9c, Hallmark)
- “Miracle on 34th Street” (10:15pm/9:15c, AMC)