So, you want to take something to a party that will make grown men cry, but you don’t want to spend a whole lotta time in the kitchen. Or spend a lot of cash.
This is your huckleberry: Hot Corn Dip.
It doesn’t sound all that impressive – Mexican corn, chopped green chiles, cheese and mayo stirred together and baked – but keep in mind that even Playboy centerfolds are flat on paper. Hot out of the oven, this is a highly highly addictive, warm, spicy, creamy, cheesy dip that does great things for Fritos and tortilla chips.
Oh, and don’t even think about blending or mushing the corn. The kernels add a lot of texture, and they keep you from just leaning over the dish and snorting. Very important.
Just stash the ingredients in your pantry and fridge, and you’ll always be ready to party.
Hot Corn Dip
From Trisha Yearwood’s “Home Cooking with Trisha Yearwood”
- 2 11-ounce cans Mexican corn, drained (recommended: Green Giant Mexicorn)
- 2 4½-ounce cans chopped green chiles, drained
- 2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese (about 8 ounces)
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Corn chips, for dipping (like Fritos or corn tortilla chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 × 13 × 2-inch casserole dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix the corn, chiles, cheeses, and mayonnaise until fully combined.
- Spread the mixture in the prepared dish and bake, uncovered, for 30 to 40 minutes, or until bubbly around the edges. Serve the dip warm from the oven with corn chips.Note: Having a party? Keep this dip warm in a slow cooker, and snack on it all night.