Someone asked how Weight Watchers is going, and so far, so good! I’m down six pounds, which is awesome, considering all the cookouts, potlucks and the meals out while my in-laws were in town. And I no longer want to eat the front door right before bedtime, so… Progress!
This is one of my favorite new snacks, reserved for those times when a Skinny Cow chocolate bar just ain’t cuttin’ it. You drizzle air-popped popcorn with a little extra-virgin olive oil, toss it with sea salt and a dash of cinnamon, and drizzle the top with melted chocolate.
It’s so good.
High in fiber, zinc and deliciousness.
The chocolate and olive oil add complexity and richness, so you wind up savoring each piece, instead of just shoving it in by the handful. Although, you could do that, too. Just keep a Wet Wipe handy, you sexy thing.
Popcorn with Olive Oil, Sea Salt and Drizzled Dark Chocolate
Note from Rebecca: If it’s especially hot or humid, the chocolate is not going to set, so you can either pop it in the freezer for a few minutes or just go with it and grab some paper towels.
Reprinted with permission from Terry Walters’ “Clean Food, Revised Edition: A Seasonal Guide to Eating Close to the Source”
Serves 4 (about 3 cups per person)
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Ground cinnamon
- Pop popcorn in air popper, and set aside.
- Place chocolate chips in small pan over low heat, and stir continually until melted. Remove from heat, and stir in one teaspoon olive oil.
- Drizzle remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over popcorn, and toss with sea salt and a dash of cinnamon.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate, and serve.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving) – calories: 235, fat: 13.7g, carbs: 27.7g, fiber: 4.6g, protein: 3, PP+ = 6