Hello, Saturday. Time for another list of the stories, shows and other good stuff that made me happy this week:
1. Grilled Chicken Tacos. I’ve been grilling some boneless, skinless chicken breasts on Sundays and Wednesdays and using them for all kinds of things, including soft tacos (shown above). Warm your tortillas, add a few slices of chicken, and then pile on the lettuce, tomato, avocado slices, cheese, salsa, jalapeño, whatever you like. Keep the ingredients ready to go in your fridge, and you can make lunch or dinner in about five minutes flat.
2. The Colbert Report‘s segment on Johnny Cummings, the openly gay mayor of Vicco, Ky. Vicco is one of the smallest towns in the U.S. (pop. 334), but it’s also one of the first to ban discrimination based on sexual orientation. The part with the cop might be my favorite:
3. Zombies, Run! 5K Training. You know those “Couch-to-5K”-style training apps that guide you from walking to jogging and then running a 5K in about eight weeks? This one does the same, but it also puts you right in the middle of the Zombie Apocalypse as Runner 5, a volunteer being trained to gather supplies, avoid zombies and protect a town. So much more fun. Plus, you can connect it your favorite iTunes playlist and work out to your own music. And it’s free! Can’t wait to graduate from it to Zombies, Run! 2.
4. “Keep Yo Business Off of Facebook.” Let’s take it to church, y’all:
6. The TARDIS on Google Maps. Doctor Who fans can find the famous blue time machine (disguised as a police telephone box) by clicking here. (Take a look inside by clicking the words “Police Telephone Box” on the map and selecting “more info.”)
7. Haim’s video for “The Wire.” Apparently, guys don’t take it well when they’re dumped by the Haim sisters. Watch out for Jorma Taccone (The Lonely Island). His post-breakup faces are epic:
8. Jennifer Dewalt. She’s teaching herself how to code by building one website a day for 180 days. As of today, she’s on No. 115. This woman is killing it.
9. The Baby Panda video. If you’re not into cute animals, you don’t even want to deal with this baby panda being cuddled by her mom for the first time.
10. Rainbow eyes. People who know how to apply makeup can do amazing things.