Week 2 Weigh-In: -1
Total Pounds Lost: 5
A one-pound loss? I’ll take it!
Especially after a week of testing Hershey’s Spreads recipes.
But the real tests are coming up this week: two birthday parties and the Super Bowl, which is basically a nationwide delivery system for queso. I couldn’t care less about buffalo wings, but spicy molten cheese lava? That’s my jam.
I really have to stay away from it.
So starting this Sunday, I’m committed to doing Weight Watcher’s Simple Start. It’s a new two-week jump start for beginners (or current members) who want to get on track with a super-simplified program. The Simple Start pamphlet comes with a “power foods” list and a limited number of mix-and-match menus, so you can basically put your meal planning on autopilot while you practice eating clean.
YES to that.
What Worked Last Week:
- Veggies with every meal. My best pre-Christmas decision was to make and freeze a few vegetarian soups for future meals. This week, I’ve been warming up the vegetarian chili, wolfing down Jenn’s kale salad, and snacking on bell pepper strips with hummus. And I’ve been eating the same breakfast for weeks: an egg white omelet with sautéed mushrooms and spinach and a little habanero cheddar cheese.
- The 5-Minute Exercise Promise. Some days, I did more. Other days, my “workout” was pacing the floor during commercials. But that’s totally cool. I just wanted to start setting the habit, so BOOM! Done.
- Breaking up with orange juice. And Coke Zero. At first, I would have brushed my teeth with Coke Zero just to get a taste, but I’m good now. It’s all water for this lady.
Wee Tiny Baby Steps for This Week:
- Buy groceries to do Weight Watchers’ new Simple Start.
- Exercise for 10 minutes a day. It’s so tempting to jump from five minutes to 30, 60 or 90, but I need to keep the bar so low, only worms can limbo underneath it. So, 10 minutes. That’s the promise.
- Keep a gratitude journal. I like the idea of having proof that good things are happening all the time. Plus, I snack when I’m anxious, so this type of journaling could help me fight that.
How did you do last week? Brag on, you badass unicorn.