No sugars or grains. No dairy or legumes. Yep, I’m doing the Whole30 for the next 30 days. Here’s how it’s going:
The all-day energy has officially kicked in.
I knew it’d happened the first morning I forgot to have a cup of coffee. I sat down to breakfast and had this feeling in my legs, like someone had charged them up overnight. I don’t think I’ve had restless legs since the ’90s, so I just went with it, and so far I’ve doubled my usual number of steps per day.
No afternoon slump, either.
Last night, I was loading the dishwasher, and my jeans fell straight to the floor.
I still miss pizza, but this might be worth it.
What I Ate:
- Breakfast: Eggs scrambled with sautéed onion and red bell pepper strips, banana
- Lunch: Pulled pork with stewed tomatoes, apple with almond butter
- Dinner: More pulled pork with stewed tomatoes (Jeff was out, and I was too busy to care about a repeat.)
- Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with onion and red bell pepper, strawberries
- Lunch: Missed it. Not my best move.
- Dinner: Greek salad with grilled chicken, Roma tomatoes, artichoke hearts, banana peppers, Kalamata olives and homemade vinaigrette.
- Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with onion and red bell pepper
- Lunch: Salad with grilled chicken, apple slices, dried cranberries, pecans, lettuce and homemade vinaigrette
- Dinner: Salad with grilled fajita steak, lettuce, bell pepper strips, black olives, jalapeño slices, roasted tomato salsa and guacamole
- Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, apple with almond butter
- Lunch: Sliced turkey rolled around some tomato and avocado slices, strawberries, pistachios
- Dinner: Rib-eye, baked sweet potato and steamed green beans
- Breakfast: Omelet with onions, bell peppers and mushrooms, plus a banana
- Lunch: Leftover rib-eye, baked sweet potato and steamed green beans
- Snack: Almond butter with apple
- Dinner: Fajita-spiced chicken cooked with sliced onion and bell pepper strips, plus avocado slices