We’re doing 25 days of Christmas challenges to get that holly-jolly mojo flowing. Click here for the full Countdown to Christmas Advent calendar.
No matter how early you start getting things together for Christmas, there’s always some last-minute cray. So today, I’m challenging you to sit down and relax for a few minutes with a cup of cheer.
What “cheer” means is totally up to you.
I love a little Southern Comfort Eggnog in my coffee, but there are Christmas teas and coffee blends, plus mulled wine, cranberry ginger ale, peppermint hot chocolate, salted caramel everything… Right now, Mama is swearing by this recipe for boiled custard, so I’m going to have to try it soon. And sometimes, especially after a few hours of hustling from store to store, nothing’s better than a bottle of water. I keep a few in the car, so if you see me out somewhere, holler.
Selected Christmas TV:
- Miracle on 34th Street Marathon (AMC)
- Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town (6:30pm/5:30c, ABC Family)
- Santa Hunters (6:30pm/5:30c, Nickelodeon)
- Mickey’s Christmas Carol (7:30pm/6:30c, ABC Family)
- The Great Christmas Light Fight (8pm/7c, ABC)
- A Saturday Night Live Christmas (8pm/7c, NBC)
- Christmas in the City (8pm/7c, Lifetime)
- Single Santa Seeks Mrs. Claus (8pm/7c, Hallmark)
- The Santa Clause (8:30pm/7:30c, ABC Family)
Video: Paul Groslouis’s “A Pole Man’s Christmas”