We’re doing 25 days of Christmas challenges to keep that holly-jolly mojo flowing. Click here for the full Countdown to Christmas Advent calendar.
Late last night, I couldn’t find the ribbon and bows to save my life. It was making me a little bonkers, because I know they’re here somewhere, but we had to pull up the carpet in the basement, so everything down there had to be moved upstairs, and some things are just MIA right now. I was right on the edge of opening every box and drawer until Jeff stopped me, took me to Walmart and found a late-night Dairy Queen.
Candy cane blizzard interventions are the best interventions.
Anyway, don’t let the stress and the crazy keep you from appreciating what you have. Today, I’m challenging you (and me) to just roll with it.
Need to work out some crazy?
★ Pillow fight. ★ Break out the games. ★ Catch A Christmas Story during TNT’s 24-hour marathon. ★ Make your own Christmas photo booth – tape some wrapping paper to the wall, round up some props (like a Santa hat, tinsel, mistletoe, etc.), grab your camera – and go nuts. ★ Make some funny e-cards on JibJab.com. ★ Make up your own Christmas movie drinking game.
Need some quiet?
★ Turn off everything but the Christmas tree. ★ Drive around, and look at the lights. ★ Put on some headphones, and walk the dog. ★ Light some candles. ★ Grab a book. ★ Go to a special church service. ★ Listen to “Nine Lessons and Carols” on public radio.
In a dinner rush?
Celebrate like the Japanese, and have a bucket of KFC. Weird, but true.
Selected Christmas TV:
- White Christmas (1:45pm/12:45c, AMC)
- Dear Secret Santa (2pm/1c, Lifetime)
- Invasion of the Christmas Lights (2pm/1c, TLC)
- The Polar Express (3pm/2c and 4pm/3c, ABC Family)
- A Boyfriend for Christmas (4pm/3c, Hallmark)
- Love at the Christmas Table (4pm/3c, Lifetime)
- The Shop Around the Corner (4pm/3c, TCM)
- This Christmas (4:30pm/3:30c, BET)
- All About Christmas Eve (6pm/5c, Lifetime)
- Christmas with Holly (6pm/5c, Hallmark)
- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation (7pm/6c, ABC Family)
- It’s A Wonderful Life (8pm/7c, NBC)
- A Christmas Story 24-Hour Marathon Starts! (8pm/7c, TBS)
- Best Christmas Party Ever (8pm/7c, Hallmark)
- Mr. Magoo’s Christmas Carol (8pm/7c, CW)
- Elf (9pm/8c, ABC Family)
- Merry Madagascar (9:23pm/8:23c, CW)
- Christmas in Connecticut (1945) (10pm/9c, TCM)
- Northpole (10pm/9c, Hallmark)
- Christmas at the Cathedral-Holy Family (11:35pm/10:35c, CBS)
- Scrooged (12am/11c, ABC Family)
Video: Clip from Miracle on 34th Street (1994)