Goat cheese. Creamy, tangy, lovely goat cheese.
We’ve used it in at least a dozen recipes. Like the Tomato and Goat Cheese Tarts made with puff pastry. Easy and delicious. The Focaccia with Caramelized Onions. Not-so-easy but still delicious. The Grilled Zucchini Rollatini and the Wild Mushroom and Goat Cheese Quesadillas. Oh, and the Grilled Vegetable and Goat Cheese Sandwiches! I need one of those in my life ASAP.
Yes, I’m a goat cheese fan. So, I’m excited about spreading the love with this week’s “Summer of Gourmet Entertaining with Chavrie®” Giveaway, featuring approximately $100 in goat cheese-related prizes from Chavrie® Fresh Goat Cheese!
The “Summer of Gourmet Entertaining with Chavrie®” prize package includes:
- A Pottery Barn vintage wood chip and dip (valued at $50),
- Coupons for free Chavrie® Fresh Goat Cheese,
- Chavrie’s “For the Love of Goat Cheese” cookbook,
- And bonus recipes!
Chavrie® sent me one of the prize packages, so I can verify the awesomeness. There’s a photo of the Pottery Barn chip and dip on the EPC Facebook page. The coupons are good for your choice of Chavrie® goat cheeses (e.g. original, herb-flavored or basil and roasted garlic), which you can use to test some of the recipes in the cookbook, like the creme brulee, jalapeño queso, portobello panini and a seriously incredible-looking potato gratin.
To enter, please visit the EPC Facebook page, look for the photo of the chip and dip, and answer the Magical Question by 2 p.m. CST, Friday, July 23! I’ll announce the winner, chosen at random, by 4 p.m. that day.
(FYI: We’re hosting the giveaway on Facebook, because EPC is having technical difficulties. This way, I can monkey around here, and you can comment there, and your contest entry will be safe. Even if this site spontaneously combusts. From the powerful cussing.)
Chavrie® Gourmet Goat Cheese Pizza with Spinach, Mushroom and Tomatoes
Courtesy of Chavrie®
Serves 4-6 as an appetizer
To vary the recipe, you could add a pizza sauce (tomato or Alfredo), sauté some chopped red onion or minced garlic with the spinach, or add roasted red peppers, kalamata olives, artichoke hearts, oregano or red pepper flakes.
- 1 prepared pizza crust
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 1 lb. fresh wild mushrooms
- 1 cup diced plum tomatoes
- 1 11-ounce or 2 4-ounce Chavrie® Fresh Goat Cheese Logs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly brush pizza shell with olive oil.
- Pour remaining oil into a skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, and sauté until tender.
- Add spinach, and sauté just until it wilts. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the mushroom and spinach mixture over the pizza shell.
- Slice the Chavrie® Fresh Goat Cheese Log into 1/8-inch slices, and lay evenly on top of the pizza.
- Top the pizza with diced tomatoes.
- Bake until golden brown and the edges begin to crisp. Remove from the oven, and drizzle with additional olive oil before serving.